Thursday, May 5, 2011

The Three Veils


I am you; you are me. You are the waves; I am the ocean. Know this and be free – be divine. ~Sri Sathya Sai Baba


I had really hoped to write about this amazing experience while it was still fresh in my mind – but unfortunately caught what seem to be the seven plagues of Egypt breeding in the back of my throat. The good news is that it looks as though I’m on the mend, I just have to remember to tone things down a notch or two as this is usually my undoing.


I was out with my friend, Ethan, on Monday (when this blasted sickness started) doing nothing in particular. On a whim, we decided to go see a psychic. I’ve always wanted to try it once in life – but these things are never as memorable unless you’ve got someone to share the experience with.


Many people view this kind of thing as hokey. I’ve never viewed it in this light. I think we all have the potential of seeing deeper than what is right in front of us. This exists in many cultures and religions; they are known as prophets, shamans, seers and psychics. I have had my own experiences with the spiritual realm – generally a message regarding something very emotionally connected to me. I’m a believer and not ashamed to admit it, nor do I feel the need to justify my beliefs or antics to anyone.


I let Ethan go first while I waited outside. I think about an hour went by before it was my turn. Ethan did a card reading. I asked for a psychic reading. I admit that I was a bit skeptical up until then. While I believe that some of us have a very distinct intuitiveness that others don’t possess, I also know that there are phonies in this world that seek to take advantage of others.


She took one look at me and asked me what happened when I was 15. At first I couldn’t look her in the eyes. The time in my life when I was 15 will possibly go down in history as the most miserable year in my life . . . there was a lot of trauma. I was sexually assaulted and had to live under the same roof as the bastard for several months without saying a word, I was abused, manipulated and told how unwanted I was. What she was referring to, however, was the assault. I’ve carried around anger and resentment for years and am only now beginning to learn to let go. The psychic (her name is Janey) told me that this is one of three veils that I have to let go before I can feel whole again. She sees my left side (the feminine side) as almost dead due to the abuse and trauma I’ve experienced over the years.


Janey asked what happened to the money I was supposed to inherit. I explained that my step grandfather had remarried after my grandmother’s death. Before meeting his new wife, he had set SSI income that he was receiving from my father’s death aside for me. When he married his new wife, she squandered everything. The money factor ended up being a curse in my eyes because I wasn’t wanted unless that was part of the package.

Among some other things, Janey knew that I’m a writer, animal lover and outdoor enthusiast. I don’t think anyone would know that without talking to me for an extended period of time or being a friend. Janey also knew that I have a deeper intuition than most as well: I see things in my dreams. Of course, this is a trait I haven’t worked on developing and it’s something that only comes about when someone or something I really care about is going to be affected.


I made another appointment to see Janey again. She will be working with me towards spiritual healing and I have a hunch I’ll get more from this experience than I’ve ever received from therapy. I feel as though I’ve made huge leaps in progress because for once I’m focusing on my own well being instead of trying to ease the world around me.

 I’ll make updates as they come. I’ve been set back a little already due to an unforeseen illness (thank you, Ethan). 

No comments:

Post a Comment